District Appointments Secretary
Outline: The Appointments Secretary will support the Chair of the Appointments Advisory Committee (AAC) to ensure the smooth functioning and sound administration of the District appointments process, in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
Responsible To: District Appointments Chairman
Appointed by: District Executive Committee
Main contacts: District Commissioner, Local/County Training Manager, Training Advisers, Members of the District/County Appointments Advisory Committee, Adults new to Scouting Headquarters
Appointment requirements: Must successfully complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of The Scout Association's policies). During the five months of Provisional Appointment the relevant Getting Started modules must be completed.
To administer in a timely manner the appointment processes within the District. This entails:
- Administering Adult Information/Change of Role applications via M365/Teams local processes.
- Registering all adult applications / change of role with Headquarters using Compass. (This may be delegated to GSL's)
- Administering DBS checks with Headquarters. (This may be delegated to GSL's)
- Arranging panel meetings as required, considering time, location and medium.
- Producing Appointment / Training Compliance progress reports of all appointments in the District for full AAC meetings.
Continuous maintaining of records of all appointments within the District. This entails:
- Administering renewal of DBS checks with Headquarters. (This may be delegated to GSL's)
- Cancelling appointments when notified by the line manager or relevant commissioner.
- Suspending appointments as required by HQ notifications or failure to comply with POR, or following suspension, re-instatement, modification or cancellation of an appointment.
Attend and contribute to relevant meetings, these may include District, AAC and Appointment panel meetings.